|CrAnBeRrIeS SiNs AnD cOnFeSsIoNs
Moderated by: cransensation
You know you're obsessed with The Cranberries when...:
1) You only shower w/ Irish Spring soap.
2) You use direct quotes from Cranberries songs.
3) You're overly observant about their videos
4) When you're listening to an album and you connect it to a live version (i.e. every time you hear "Free To Decide" you can hear Dolores saying "this is our corrent [with the accent] single, it's called "Free To Decide" [from live in Detroit 96])
5) You see an "FTD (flowers)" ad and you are automatically reminded of "Free To Decide"
6) You wish you were a girl so you could be like Dolores
7) You go shopping just to try and outdo Dolores' outfit
8) You listen to all their CDs daily
9) You make a box and decorate it for all of your albums (26), magazines (3), books, (2), video, concert pin, hat, and t-shirts (2) and then you show it to everyone who comes over
10) You try to yodel while you're speaking.
11) Your start up page (of your web browser) is /
12) You save all your cranberries receipts.
13) You camp out for a concert, even though you already have tickets.
14) You travel over 10thousand miles JUST to see them play in Limerick, Ireland (their home town).
15) You get really depressed when you see a cranberries item on clearance.
16) Every time you empty your recycling bin, you think of the song "Empty"
17) You feel guilty about stopping or going to the next track on the album w/out finishing the song.
18) You celebrate the band member's birthdays.
19) You forget the color of your wall because of so many plastered posters of them.
20) You think people know The Cranberries' when they use the line "bury the hatchet".
21) Your favorite colors are electric blue, chocolate brown, and forever yellow (and any other song titles w/ colors)
22) Your favorite number is 21.
23) You just HAVE to go to The Cranberries section every time you go to a music store (even though you know nothing is new).
24) You change your last name to "O'Riordan". (that's a little too far, but someone did do it; it was on the cranberries.com guest list(?))
25) People start making up cran-nicknames for you.
26) You start saying you're part Irish.
27) When your ideal match becomes one of the band members.
28) You change your religion to Cranberrieism.
29) You remember that where ever The Cranes are supposed to be, The Cranberries are always behind them.
30) When you just HAVE to ask people who their favorite band is only so you can say "THE CRANBERRIES"!
31) You love hard-green eyes (because Dolores' eyes are hard-green).
32) You think of The Cranberries when you hear the word "ocean spray".
33) Even when you're notebook is falling apart, your cranberries pictures are still crisp and clean.
34) You write The Cranberries all over the place when you're bored instead of your own name.
35) Every screen/user name of yours HAS to be related to The Cranberries somehow.
36) You think of stealing an item of theirs if you don't have enough money to buy it.
37) You buy a WHOLE CD just for that ONE song by them.
38) You start making an Irish accent.
39) You name your kids after the member's kids.
40) You buy a whole magazine or newspaper for that little review, or picture of them.
41) You have sexual fantasies of one of the members.
42) Everybody in your home knows all the cranberries songs because you listen them all the time.
43) Your start up page (of your web browser) is www.cranberries.ie
44) You record lots of cassettes with different combinations of their songs.
45) Every time somebody talks about cranberries (the fruit) you think they love the band.
46) A member of your household starts saying "If Dolores told you to do it, I KNOW you wouldn't hesitate" or "don't try to be like Dolores by not eating".
47) Everyone you know knows the name of Dolores.
48) You start talking about them as if you've known them your whole life.
49) You bought their DVD even though you didn't have a DVD player.
50) You quote Dolores at least 10 times a day.
51) Every time Dolores changes her hair style so do you, to look exactly like her.
52) You name your kids after one of the band members name.
53) Your favorite fruit is Cranberries.
54) You dream you are watching them playing live in a gig.
55) When you start wondering "mmm, I wonder what Dolores/Mike/Noel/Fergal is doing now?"
56) You start dancing like Dolores.
57) You practice enough (by singing w/ Dolores) to know how to yodel.
58) You tell people to "shut the hell up" when a cranberry song is being played.
59) When your "best high" comes from a new cran-song.
60) When only Irish people have the certain *spark* that turns you on.
61) When all you need sometimes is a cran song to make you feel better.
62) People say "Wake Up And Smell The Coffee", you think they bought The Cranberries' 5th album
63) You care to remember that, Noel used to be the body popper, Fergal used to do head spins and hand spins, and Mike used to do knee spins, in their breakdancing days
64) Your heart races every time you hear "Dreams" on the radio (even if it's the millionth time you've heard it)
65) You drive 50 miles to a Virgin megastore, just to see if they have any cran import singles.
66) You request cranberries' songs on the radio, even when you're not listening -- just to get the word out.
67) You hear the title of Natalie Imbruglia's new single ("That Day") and think it's a past-tense "This is the Day."
68) You bought a guitar years ago, and Cranberries songs are STILL the only thing you know how to play.
69) You hate Jewel ONLY because Dolores doesn't like her.
70) You color your hair the same as Dolores even though you're a DUDE
71) You always play the song "Sunday" on Sunday, always.
72) You always keep a cranberries CD in the CD player for good luck
73) You go a month before concert, to the concert venue that they will be playing in to check out the place.
74) You take 3 days off for their concert (the day before, after and the concert day); and being there first already at 12 pm.
75) You consider (or you do) buy a cranberries cookbook just to make food w/ that ingredient.
76) [For people other than European] You start spelling words like they do: Analyze= Analyse, Color=Colour.. etc
77) Thanksgiving dinner isn't complete until you at least see "cranberry sauce" [hence the pun] on the table
78) The band, The Calling, reminds you of Dolores' first song "Calling"
79) You won't eat cranberries because you consider it cannibalism
80) You learn Gaelic just because
81) You listen to "Analyse" and "Dreams" back to back to pin-point how little they resemble each other
82) You actually like the "Zombie" remixes. All of them.
83) When you are decorating for Xmas, and every time you see a decoration reading "Noel" (pronounced No-ell, French for "Christmas"), and you read it as "Noel," without the accent, as in Hogan (obviously!)
84) You're proud of knowing the name of Dolores' dog. (Geena)
85) You want to make it clear to everyone that you are a HUGE cranberries fan
86) You've actually written a song about the cranberries
87) You keep wondering what Dolores would look like in that one hairstyle.
88) You've ordered a cranberries t-shirt and don't want to wear it because you're afraid it will fade.
89) You wear the t-shirt and you don't want to wash it because you're afraid it will fade.
90) You keep asking the sales clerks at the CD store if they'll give you that nice cranberries promo poster.
91) You get mad when they don't have any damn promo posters.
92) you sacrifice your allowance for the week, to buy that Cranberries album/single you want so bad
93) Your favorite movie is "Clueless" because they mention The Cranberries AND the guy is singing "Away" to Cher.
94) You get pissed when berries CD's are on sale, cause you think the store is trying to get rid of them
95) You get pissed when cranberries CDs are on the clearance section (and then you buy them, hoping to give them away to someone who will appreciate them more)
96) You stay up all night watching VH1 just to record a cranberries video
97) When The Cranberries consume your social life
98) You paint your room like one of the cranberries album themes
99) When you have nothing to do, you listen to all the cranberries albums in order
100) When you want to steel street signs which are named after the crans songs (ex: Hollywood)
101) Any time you hear a city named similarly to anything cranberries-related, you freak out(!)
102) Any time you hear of anyone being from limerick, you always have to say "ooh that's where my fave band is from!!"
103) When you see the word "canned berries", you read it as "cranberries".
104) You write like Dolores on the first 2 album covers
105) You purposely crack a CD case just so you can replace with with a shinier new one
106) You buy sheets to match the cover of "wake up"
107) You have your CD-alarm clock set to play "Wake Up"
108) You camp outside the store the night before an album release
109) You make a big deal out of getting their new releases the exact day they're released
110) The show "Judge Hatchett" reminds you of Bury The Hatchet hehehe (American TV I believe).
111) When you just have to know every lyric from every song by them
112) You always say "one, two, one two three four" before performing "Salvation"
113) More than half of these remind you of yourself
114) You start writing "cos" instead of "cuz" after noticing that dolores writes it as "cos" in her song lyrics
115) You start writing "DUNNO" for "I don't know..." because of Dolores.
116) When trying to give advice, you quote "Analyse".
117) You say "time is ticking out" instead of "time is running out" or "you're running out of time"
118) Any little news about the cranberries, is HUGE news to you.
119) When you carry pictures of the band or Dolores in your wallet
120) When you get like 15 piercings in each ear to look like Dolores
121) You get pissed off when someone says that they don't know who The Cranberries are
122) You scream every time you buy/receive anything from them
123) When you go to other band's sites and post questions about the Cranberries, just to see if they like them , too.
124) When you request their songs on the radio over and over again, and act like you don't know the song's title so it sounds like they're getting popular again.
125) You blow up tiny pictures you like until they're unrecognizably blurry
126) It's been 4yrs since you bought anything besides cranberries CDs.
127) You list "ZombieGuide" as your official religion in your census forms.
128) You visited "Cranberry-Land", the Ocean Spray factory in Plymouth Massachusetts and bought stuff in the gift shop.
129) You learn English just to understand the lyrics.
130) You have to listen to a cranberry CD to go to sleep.
131) You write a review as soon as possible, and save it when it appears on the official page.
132) You wish you were the guy who Dolores sent the kiss to at the concert (sexuality doesn't matter).
133) You only play cranberries on the school station.
134) You write to the official page just to ask when they'll tour your country.
135) You have their pictures as icons and backgrounds on your computer (and even the ones at school).
136) You wish you were a song Dolores wrote, her husband, or anything involving Dolores (even Dolores herself).
140) You dream to have a band and play all their songs.
141) You visit all cranberries-related pages daily just to see if anything is new.
142) You wish they would release a DVD from the concert you went to, and that everyone knew about it.
143) You associate their songs w/ your life.
144) You want to jump onstage w/ them, or try to throw a present.
145) You wish you owned a cranberries page.
146) You hate the person that is in the middle of the first row, while you're on the 3rd (especially when they're not dancing or anything).
147) You felt like the whole world was going to cry when the rumours of them splitting up was all over the place.
148) You wonder what Dolores will be writing about next.
149) You spent your holiday in Ireland.
150) On the last day of the year, you try to sing their songs w/ a bongo (drunk!).
151) You have sex with the DVD playing in the background...
152) You will never like the people who don't like the cranberries.
153) You bought their album "Stars" overseas just to have it a week earlier than everyone else.
154) You spend half an hour creating a desktop tile with red spheres like WUASTC.
155) When you buy a plastic wrapped unauthorized outdated mini-biography book of the Cranberries at a discount book store for 5 dollars, and then are pissed that when you opened it, you found that there wasn't an interview cd with Fergal like it said on the cover.
156) For some reason, everyone associates everything you do, to be because of The Cranberries (i.e. cutting your hair short, piercing your ears about 10 times, etc...)
157) When you take your Mom to see the Cranberries in concert.
158) When you are pissed that a Cranberries song isn't the first song on a movie's soundtrack.
159) When you want your money back for seeing clockstoppers cause they played Time is Ticking Out soooo quietly in the movie that you were probably the only one who even heard it.
160) When you can envision yourself telling your grandkids about the Cranberries.
161) You buy all of their cds that are out all at once when you first fell in love with them.
162) you are wearing a Cranberries shirt as you are filling this out.
163) You take an art course just so you can draw a picture of the Cranberries with charcoal.
164) You think it would be a great idea to make a movie with a soundtrack with only Cranberries songs.
165) You are insulted when someone thinks you'll like Sixpense None The Richer too after they find out you like The Cranberries.
166) You've typed more than 10 of these Cranfessions at a given time.
167) You check the Cranberries site for updates before checking your email.
168) you spend hours on the internet searching for cran stuff (and/or voting million of times to seethem at number one).
169) You listen carefully to the radio when they play a Cranberries song even though you could listen to the same song on their cd anytime.
170) you're going crazy while listening to Dolores' voice.
171) You fall asleep with the radio still on and in the middle of the night, you wake up because the radio is playing a Cranberries'song :).
172) Whenever you're asked to analyze an assignment, you think of the song "Analyse".
173) you start liking Elijah Wood films (and him) only because he appeared in the "Ridiculous Thoughts" video.
174) When you own all the movies that ever had a whole or snippet of a cranberries song.
175) When Dolores is your goddess.
176) No matter how much dislike a song from the cranberries (i.e. Analyse), if you hear them unexpectedly, it totally makes your day.
177) You feel guilty whenever you listen to something other than The Cranberries.
178) you are at another bands concert, and ::sigh:: "...they're good and all...but they are no Cranberries."
179) When you have the band on your birthday cake.
180) When you name your car the "Cranmobile".
181) You make up new lyrics to a cran song in your head to make a story, and then you imagine in your head how the story would look... and then laugh at yourself.
182) You wish Dolores was your mother.
183) When you wish Dolores would sing to you before you went to sleep.
184) When you name a recipe after the band [recipe includes actual cranberries as well].
185) You back up ALL your cranberries data everyway you can [example: on the web, on your 2 computers.. etc.]
186) When you choose Cranberries over your own close friends!
187) When you're never quite sure what your shoe size is, but you definitely know that Dolores wears size 38.
188) You put all cranberry cdís in the first row (of the cd rack) in music stores so that everybody has to see them.
189) (When you donít have enough money) You hide their singles somewhere in the music store, so that you can buy them later when you do have enough money, and hope no one found your "secret location".
190) When you dream of your own Cranberries fan club and think about calling it ''Forever Faithful Zombies''.
191) You buy a cranberries flavored lipstick, but you don't wear it because it's too dark.
192) You seriously dream of owning a house in Ireland because that's where The Cranberries are from.
193) No matter how many copies of a Cranberries album you have, you won't give any of them away because they have sentimental value to you.
194) When you find out that your cousin has a cooking glove which says "Daffodil", you almost ask her to give it to you.
195) When you tell your sister every Cranberries' news just to tell someone because she really doesnt care.
196) When you wake up at 5 in the morning just to see if The Cranberries are in the Jools Holland Show (same with SNL at midnight).
197) When you carefully open your cranberries cd booklets because you're afraid they'll rip.
198) Everytime you see a short lady you try to figure out if Dolores is shorter or taller than her.
199) When you can't type straight cos you've got a mass of cranberries CDs (for ex: pre-BTH releases) sitting on you lap.
200) Everytime you hear a Cranberries single, you pose, dance, and lipsynch like Dolores does in the videos.
201) When you get a credit card just to buy The Cranberries HotPress Collector's Limited Edition magazine.
202) You almost cry when the jewel case you recieve with your imported special edition of "Stars" is broken and you can't find a replacement because it is the two CD version.
203) You think of The Cranberries and make up stories as to how you would be if you ever met them in your spare time.. or even when you have a lot on your mind.
204) Your computer freezes because you have so many Cranberries windows open (ex: pictures, videos, audio, etc).
205) You sing Cranberries songs when you're waiting... for anything.
206) You feel guilty if you don't listen to The Cranberries at least 3hrs a day.
207) You just HAVE to have 10 earings on your right ear like Dolores to be a satisfied cranfan.
208) You're reading an interview or letter from the band and their voice is dictating it out in your mind. You know exactly how their voice sounds and how they would say every word.
209) When your mother hides all of your Cranberries albums because she's sick of you playing them 24/7 >:|
210) When you go to business college and get your MBA so you can open up a restaurant in Limerick, Ireland... just incase The Cranberries stop by for dinner!
211) You make money selling copies of cranberries bootlegs, but then just spend it all buying more cran stuff.
212) You've gone insane after replacing windows sounds with Cranberries sound clips.
213) When you're in a CD store, you ask the employee or someone around you for any good CDs, and you ask something like "What about a band named the Cranberries? Are they any good?", and you pretend you don't know who they are just to see what other people think of them.
214) When your email address is "email@example.com".
215) When you picture one or multiple members of the band naked and masturbate.
216) You keep submitting "The Cranberries are my life, my life is all about The Cranberries".
217) When you only write emails about The Cranberries to your friends.
218) You got extremely excited when you listened to "Liar" and "How" in the movie "Empire Records".
219) When you have Dolores' face as a logo on your cellular phone and Zombie's melody as your ringer.
220) When you're on eBay and you bid $30 for a Cranberries CD... that only has three songs on it.
221) When you have a seperate CD stand just for your Cranberries CDs.
222) You bid for a Cranberries tour shirt package (of 4 concert t-shirts), when you already own 3 of them.
223) When you print out pictures of the band to make a mural of them on your wall.
224) When you skip school to buy their latest CD release, and then come home to find out that your mom has already bought it for you.
225) When you burn a CD for a friend and include a Cranberries song... just because.
226) You listen/watch cranberries interviews repeadetly and carefully until you know them by heart.
227) You know them so well, you know how they'll respond to any interview question.
228) When you use the search function somewhere, you unconsciously type 'cranberries,' even if that wasn't what you were looking for.
229) You start quoting them unconsciously.
230) You start whispering "Dolores Dolores Dolores" to yourself for no reason.
231) When you hear news about a cranberries-related band, you secretly hope they'll mention the cranberries in some way or another.
232) A girl/guy you like mentions she/he likes the Cranberries, but don't own any of their albums, so you start listing all their great songs until she/he freaks out and looks at you funny.
233) You hate MCA records for not promoting WUASTC enough.
234) You are able to list your top 50 Cranberries songs in 5 minutes.
235) You buy the first four albums for your 8 year old sister, so she'll stop listening to Avril Lavigne.
236) Your friends start finding cranfessions that apply to them.
237) Once you get started listening to a Cranberries album, or watching their dvd, you don't want to stop 'til the very end.. even after the credits just to read their names.
238) When the 14 second soundclip of "Astral Projection" made your day.
239) You start having nightmares about the Crans coming to your city... and that you miss them!
240) You read all these confessions, every last one of them, even if your eyes are burning with pain.
241) You listen to "You And Me" and imagine Dolores is singing for you.
242) You know by looking at the year of a live song, exactly how Dolores improvised it. (ex: "Dreams" during the 99' tour, when the audience sings the last verse "in every possible way," Dolores sings "possible, possible ..", or that in EVERY live performance of "Dreams" she sings "cos you're a dream to me, dream to me...HA!!!")
243) When you pop in a Cranberries tape, you rewind the current song (if it's in the middle), then say ''I have to listen this one too'' and keep rewinding until you end up at the beginning of the album.
244) When you have a 12 disc changer in your car, with the Treasure Boxset and Stars in order in slots 1 through 6.
245) All of your kids know every word of every Cranberries song before they can speak in full sentences, because they've heard the songs every day since they were born.
246) You have a Cranberries song picked out to dance with for each of your children at their weddings...even though that will be many years from now.
247) If you meet someone and they don't know who the Cranberries are, don't worry...they will immediately!
248) When you wake up at 9:30 am, go down stairs, turn on your computer, and listen to "Wake Up And Smell The Coffee", unintentionally!
249) You sing their whole albums every time you take a bath.
250) You've had to glue that crappy "Interview with Fergal Lawler" booklet back together 5 times because it keeps falling apart.
251) You wake up at 3 am just to catch a live webcast from Ireland.
252) When you listen to "Dreams", you feel like dancing like Dolores does on the Beneath The Skin concert.
253) You can feel Dolores' love for her son when you listen to "Chocoloate Brown".
254) You're so excited to know that your birthday falls on the same month of the their birthday.
255) You wish you could invite them to your bday party so they could perform for you.
256) You're so happy to recieve a cranberries present, even if you already have it.
257) When you see the sky at night you need to sing "the stars are bright tonight...".
258) Any of your friends will accept a ride in your car just because they know there won't be any music but The Cranberries (and they call your vehicle the "cran-car", and you are the "cran-driver").
259) You did NOT wash your hand for two weeks, because every one of band members, including the lovely Dolores, shook your hand after having signed your Wake Up And Smell The Coffee CD (nor you did not shake anyone else's hand in those two weeks).
Would you like to add a "sin or confession"? Send away here, and I'll add it as soon as possible.
RULES FOR THE CRANFESSIONS PAGE: